Anonymous information: Our Digital Services capture certain non-personal common technical information automatically. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and computer operating system, device type, application software, time and date you visit or use the Digital Services, and traffic patterns and usage data, such as the pages you access, the address of the website that directed you to the Digital Services or the website you visit when you leave the Digital Services. EVFC uses this information to understand patterns of site activity, including aggregated user demographics, and to improve the Digital Services so they are more useful for you.
Personal Information: The types of personally identifiable information (“PII”) that may be collected on or through the Digital Services include your name, your status (such as whether you are a consumer, student or journalist), mailing address, email address, title or occupation, and telephone number. Additional PII that may be collected on or through the Digital Services includes, but isn’t limited to:
– If you are purchasing a product or service, your credit card number, expiration date and security code.
– If you are entering a sweepstake, contest, giveaway or other promotion (each a “Promotion”), your age or birth date.
– If you are applying for employment, your work authorization information, visa status, desired salary, academic level, employment history including salary, and any other information you include on the resume you upload to the Digital Services. You may also choose to provide optional information such as race, gender, or whether you are disabled.
– If you are participating in a survey, we may ask your gender and age, income, ethnicity, family size and marital status.
– If you are sharing an article or page of the Digital Services with a third party, the third party email address will also be collected.
– If you are using a service, information necessary to provide the service you have requested.
Location Information: We may collect information about your location when you access or use the Digital Services. We may collect information regarding your general location using your IP address. If you access or use the Digital Services from a mobile device, we may collect more precise geolocation information from your mobile device. This information may be used to customize certain features of our Digital Services and to provide you with location-based services. This information may also be used to send push notifications, which appear on the display of your mobile device in the form of a badge, alert or banner, and allow mobile applications to send information to your mobile device even when the application is not in use. For information on how to disable geolocation services and/or push notifications on a mobile device, see Section 7 below regarding your Opt-Out Choices.
We request PII to provide a service, product or information about EVFC’s products or services or to complete a transaction. Examples include subscribing to newsletters, emailing a friend an article from the Digital Services, entering a Promotion, participating in training, providing information regarding vision, vision care and vision correction, applying for employment, purchasing a product or service, completing online surveys, contacting us with questions or comments, or for product registration. We may also generally use your information, including PII, to:
– Respond to your questions or comments or otherwise communicate with you.
– Provide customer service.
– Improve our products, services, marketing, and customer service.
– For promotional purposes and to send you promotional communications.
– Identify your preferences to customize our communications and marketing.
– Manage communications and opt-out choices.
– Provide information about EVFC, its products, and services.
– Provide information regarding vision, vision care and vision correction.
– Understand patterns of Digital Services activity and improve the Digital Services.
– Conduct market research.
– Prevent and investigate malicious activity, security breaches, and fraud.
– Conduct analyses and for administrative purposes.
– Administer and fulfill Promotions, including tax and legal disclosure requirements and reporting to relevant authorities.
Although EVFC employs physical and electronic security measures to protect PII, EVFC cannot promise the use of our Digital Services is completely safe or that your PII will not be disclosed or misused, either by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others. EVFC urges you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
The Digital Services may contain customer reviews, forums and/or message boards and other Online Content. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when considering the disclosure of your PII. You agree that EVFC is not responsible for material posted by you or others in these public forums.
EVFC may share your information, including your PII, as follows:
Our Digital Services are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under the age of 18 has given us information, you can contact us to remove the information. We will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our database within a reasonable time.
Emails. You can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from EVFC by following the unsubscribe procedures indicated in each email. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from EVFC, we will send you transaction emails and respond to questions from you.
You may block or restrict cookies on your computer or device or purge them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. You should consult the operating instructions that apply to your browser or your mobile device’s user guide for instructions on how to configure your setting to meet your preferences. Cookies allow you to take advantage of some features or functions of the Digital Services, so if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you may not be able to use some features of the Digital Services. If you don’t want your browser to share information with Google Analytics, you may download an Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. Please note that the Add-on does not prevent information from being sent to EVFC.
Tools on Mobile Devices. You can control the tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notification on your phone. Please consult your mobile device’s user guide for instructions on clearing cookies, disabling location services, and disabling push notifications.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) Signals. EVFC does not currently respond to DNT signals but may do so in the future.
You have choices about the data EVFC collects. When you are asked to share your PII with us, you may decline; however, your choice not to share your PII with EVFC may mean you will not be able to use or (fully) benefit from our services, features or offerings.
EVFC respects your right to know and inquire about what PII we have collected about you. In addition, you have the right to request correction or deletion of such PII, as well as to request removal of your PII held by third parties with whom we conduct business by contacting us. In addition, you may contact your jurisdiction’s legal authority overseeing implementation of data protection laws to file a complaint regarding the processing of your PII.
Some EVFC Websites may allow you to set up an account and access and update your PII by logging into your account and going to the appropriate section of your account.
In the unlikely event your PII is accessed, lost, or stolen by an unauthorized third party, EVFC will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to notify you to the extent required by law and disclose to you the personal data that was accessed/disclosed using the contact information provided to us or by other reasonable means.